July 14, 2009

My Friend and Atelier Bride Vanessa Rissetto



I wanted to try something a little different today and blog about my dear friend Vanessa Rissetto. Vanessa is a fabulous nutritionist who we recommend on our vendor page to brides for nutritional counseling.

Fate brought Vanessa and I together. We met when I was a featured guest on the Martha show in the Fall of 2005. The Martha team had asked me to help "save" three brides who had not been successful in their gown search. We had each of the three lovely brides to my Atelier and helped them find and style the best look for their wedding day. We then appeared with the girls on Martha for a fashion runway segment of their new wedding day looks. At the end of the segment, Martha and I surprised each of the girls by telling them their gown was a gift from me! To view a clip of the show on the Bridal Atelier website, click here.

As Vanessa returned to the Atelier to finalize the details of her gown and have her fittings, we got to know each other better. She invited me to her beautiful wedding at Fordham University and gorgeous reception overlooking the New York skyline and Hudson River. I felt like part of the wedding party; helping Vanessa into her dress and partying with her and her bridesmaids before the ceremony. I was even priviledged to ride with her to the church! I felt very special and blessed to be part of her big day. We all danced the night away and I truly felt I had known Vanessa's family and friends forever!

Since her wedding, Vanessa and I get together frequently. I am the godfather to her Yorkie "Marley"!!!! She has also helped me with my daily diet and meal planning. She has taught me so much about nutrition and the importance of healthy eating. So many of my brides come in for fittings and are losing weight incorrectly. It only adds more stress to this happy time in their life! Seeking the advice of a nutritional counselor, like Vanessa, is the right way to go!

For more info on Vanessa, check out her blog!

Best,
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment